- 3ES_EVERYONE_GOES_HOME_SAFELY_EVERYDAY 3ES_EVERYONE_GOES_HOME_SAFELY_EVERYDAY_DETAIL
Bangchak boasts a complex refinery with a capacity of 120,000 barrels per day. Most of the yields are high - value products in gasoline and diesel groups.Not only does the quality of gasohol and diesel from Bangchak refinery meet the Euro 4 standard, but Bangchak is also the first in Asia to produce gasohol E20 of the Euro 5 standard. The product is environmentally friendly with a sulfur content of lower than 10 ppm - fivefold reduction from the Euro 4 standard. Bangchak, moreover, stresses energy stability in production processes by employing electricity and steam from its cogeneration power plant, while replacing fuel oil with cleaner burning natural gas. It is now ready to raise the efficiency of its refining processes with the implementation of 3E and YES-R projects. To increase Bangchak’s overall production capacity, various attempts have been made through the following projects :
- reparedness of oil tanks, pipelines, oil vessels, and installation of reserved heat exchange equipment at key points in the process, leading to uninterrupted, efficient refining process. As a consequence, Bangchak’s average production capacity this year reached 113,000 barrels per day, higher than the 105,000-barrel-per-day target.
- Refining capacity test achieved 126,600 barrels per day, with a peak capacity recorded in August at 118,400 barrels per day - the highest since the commissioning of the hydrocracking unit.
- Careful supply planning on crude procurement to achieve high GRMs, with an annual average market GRM of US$9.14 per barrel.
- Installation of the Advanced Process Control (APC) system in April this year to raise production efficiency, while reducing energy consumption.
- Export of Vacuum Low Sulfur Waxy Residue (VLSWR) with a sulfur content of 0.3% to Japan.
- Development of unconverted oil (UCO), a new product, for sale to SK Oil of South Korea for use as lubricant feedstock.
- On the environmental front, installation of an additional wastewater treatment unit with high technology, yielding treated water of the quality comparable to tap water, making the treated water reusable for the production processes. Bangchak saved water consumption by 20%.